Thursday, September 24, 2009

Under Emotional

Who's seen the episode of Sex and the City when Miranda found out she was having a boy? I listened to the Directors Cut edition where he explains how he wanted Miranda's reaction of pregnancy to be unlike any other reaction seen on television where she finds out she is having a boy.
Ultrasound tech: "I know the sex do you wanna know??"
Miranda: Um, sure...
Ultrasound tech: It's a BOY!!
Miranda: (nods her head) okay...
Ultrasound tech: It's a Boy! Aren't you excited??!
Miranda: (musters up her fakeness) Oh yes!! Oh boy o boy! It's a boy!!

This episode cracks me up! Like I love that Miranda's true feelings are shown in this episode. She was an underemotional pregnant woman just like me! Even though she's a television character, I really could relate as I wasn't experiencing the excitement as I talked about in the previous blog.

Pregger women are usually perceived to be super overly emotional and cry at anything. Man, I'm just the opposite. My friends call me the "Tin Woman" I will proudly wear the hat!

How under emotional am I? Did anyone see My Sisters Keeper or even a movie like John Q, Steel Magnolios, or any really, really emotional film? Well in My Sisters Keeper, I went with our bookclub. 8 of the girls were BOO-HOOING! I mean crying like they had just missed the rapture. I had no tears. I never have tears unless I have backpain.

Another instance was when I didn't mind friends coming to my mid-pregnancy ultrasound. My husband said he wanted it to be private celebration for the two of us. I couldn't believe it! My usual hard exterior hubby wanted a private moment. To me, it was just another appointment where a friend could join if I wanted. My friend laughed at me and said "What is wrong with you! That's private!!" Oh really? Lol, my bad.

5 comments:

  1. I can relate. I have not even looked at names and William always gets on me saying did you talk to our baby today. I feel really terrible that I am not all sappy like most people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I feel you girl!! It's like I've turned into a hard core mean girl! We can be like the girls in the movie! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOL @ crying like they missed the rapture! ROLLIIINNNGGG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was CRACKIN UP at "crying like they missed the rapture"! You are a mess!

    ReplyDelete