Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"I don't throw up" (Insert Smug Look)

11 weeks, I was at our bookclub pamper party and let out an enormous burp. YUCK. I burp all the time since I've been pregnant (ok I burped a lot before too) but now it sounds like I'm going to hurl all my guts right onto the floor. So a friend responded with:
Friend: "Are you going to throw up?"
Laura: (Insert smug look) "I don't throw up"
I stuck my nose up in the air and walked away. I don't throw up! I'm 11 weeks! I've made it almost through my first trimester and had escaped the ugly world of vomitting. I was so proud!I had not turned into my sister who couldn't keep water down if she wanted to. I was on my way.

...Until one Tuesday morning going in for my check up, I had drowned a glass of good ole OJ. I began to feel an upsetting movement in my stomach. "Ughhh" I said. The next thing I knew I was sweating bullets as I stood over the toilet, hoping that my glasses didn't fall into the bowl below.

I had thrown up.

UGHHHH.

I thought I was different? NOT.

This was followed by many episodes throughout until I was 18 weeks. I'm 20 now, hopefully it doesn't come back.

You would think throw up knew not to appear while you are in your car. My dear husband was driving home and I was in the front seat. I burped and felt it coming up so I reached for a plastic bag. I guess I was too slow because it (cupcakes and ice cream w/ sprinkles) ended up all over my legs (was wearing shorts) in the car. GROSS!!!! And yes, I could see the sprinkles. Ahhh the joys!

Sidenote: I...how about that? I forgot what I was going to say. Pregger brain!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Such a vivid description of your 'vomitting' episodes! Oh the joys...makes me so eager to have a baby (NOT!)LOL
    I hope those days are long gone for you and you can now start enjoying motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL! This blog cracks me up. And hmmm, I wonder who that friend was! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once got out of a speeding ticket by hurling (accidentally) on an officer's shoes...it has its privileges!

    ReplyDelete