Monday, August 24, 2009

Today we find out It's A.....

-JOHN 16:21 A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that her child is born into the world.

This verse has been at the forefront of my mind since my Uncle showed it to me. While my mom had told me this had been her experience, she didn't know it was a Bible verse. I figured my mom was just talking. Since it's scripture, I hold it dear to my heart. What I find so true about the verse though, is it is not just talking about giving labor...the 9-10 months of pregnancy itself, brings pain.

Today I am 19 weeks pregnant with our first child. It's going to be one of my greatest (does this website have sarcastic faces?) pregnancy days as we find out the sex of the baby.

The purpose of this blog is to tell of MY pregnancy experience. Not yours, not yo mamas or sisters, but MINE. It's been a tad bit difficult, but I'll explain all that in the entries to come.

While some may understand my experience, humor and lack of emotions, I figure most will not. But once again it's my story. So I'm gonna tell it!

O! Before I forget, some posts will have song lyrics or verses which encouraged me or helped me through the day. I hope they will be a blessing to you as they are to me. 

6 comments:

  1. I want to read more! This is great! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! I can't wait until baby Ry Ry gets here so you can forget the anguish. LOL @ not yours...but mine! You are one funny chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John 16:21 is powerful; I can recall the pregnancy effort {even though I am a dude please give me daddy credits}, changes and adjustments Alecia (the former wife) and I went through during the pregnancy of my 3 boys. That is revelation "Mrs. Laura is Knocked Up" in that the delivery is tough but the transition from Woman to a Knocked Up woman IS complete with sorrow also.

    You got this man thinking about being more gentle to wifey should I marry and birth more lil people. Please share more of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This process may cause you to further appreciate that only God can comfort you when you go through a shifting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have managed to colorfully describe the pregnancy process in YOUR on words and with your experience, the only way that YOU can! I'm so looking forward to the next entry....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that scripture, and it's so true!

    ReplyDelete