Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Road to Pregnancy

I've always wanted children but wasn't exactly the kid-friendly person. My hubby is a kid magnet. Kids from all over the country stand in line to play with him. Ok, maybe not all over, but he does have a swarm of kids surrounding him on any given Sunday after church. Me on the other hand, could play with kids for about 5 minutes before my ADD would kick in. 

To be a woman, means that you birth babies, this is what separates us from the men. When Marc and I were dating, the question everyone asks was "When are you getting married?" After Marc and I got hitched the question immediately became, "How is married life?" which was quickly followed by, "When are you going to have a baby?" It seems as though no one is ever satisfied with someone ELSE'S present state of life, they are always wanting more.

I wanted kids, but also looked at it as it was just the next step in life. I never really thought about what it would mean to me, my body, or overall lifestyle. Although I did think it was incredibly cool that Marc and I could actually CREATE a life and therefore we started trying in December 2008. 

Call me Fertile Mertile like my mother because it happened the next month! January 19-MLK day and one day before the first African American President of the United States, Barack Obama was sworn into office. I woke Marc up around 6:50am and showed him shirt that read, "Baby Daddy!" We called our two sets of parents on three-way and shared the news with them. Everyone was super excited! That Thursday Marc traveled back to Tampa to work the Superbowl. I had been feeling slightly crampy and unsure of what was happening in my body. Long story short, the next day my doctor confirmed a miscarriage. With Marc in Tampa I stayed with my parents. It was interesting to experience excitement on Thursday and sadness on Friday. I imagined I would not truly be able to move past the loss, until I was pregnant again. So we kept trying...even when the doctor told us to wait- we didn't. 

It was May 17 and five days after a negative test we got a Big Fat Positive (BFP)!! The excitement was back and we immediately prayed for a happy and healthy child to be delivered at FULL Term with no complications. The journey had started... 

Song: Bless the Lord (Son of Man) by Tye Tribbett & G. A. 
You are my Strength, My Deliverer
The One who rescued me
My hope, my redeemer
Your love has set me free!! 

6 comments:

  1. Ok I can't be commenting on all your entries so I don't come across as a stalker, but I love love love this one! Told you I had tears, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW God has truly been a blessing in you and Marc's lives. What can I say you have tears in my eyes reading this LP. May God Continue to bless your family, as you take the next step in this wonderful journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl why did I have tears in my eyes!?!??! I look forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts further let me know that Laura is tin-woman. When I told her I had tears after reading this she was like "why?????" lolol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one has me watering up. Beautiful and honest. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete